We are looking for our Board to be about 5-7 members and currently have a few positions available.
What Texas Music Partners is Looking for, In a Board Member
Texas Music Partners is a small, young organization with a specific mission and multiple ways to accomplish it. We are looking for a team of leaders who can help us reach our goals by working together with the founder and taking the initiative to accomplish these goals. The Board makes the decisions and clears the way for our committees to execute the tasks set out by the Board and its founder to accomplish its goals and mission.
TMP is Looking for Diversity
Although Texas Music Partners has a single-mindedness of mission, we are looking for diversity in many other aspects. We are looking for diversity, such as :
- A diversity of experience. For example, we are looking for people with experience in one or more of the following areas :
- Business Management
- Creative ideas
- Donor Cultivation
- Strategic Contacts
- Event Planning
- Social Media
- Communications Skills
- Grassroots Organizing
- Software/Web Design, just to name a few
- A diversity of people. Diversity of race, sex, religion, communities, etc.
Board Member Duties
The Board position is a volunteer position but it’s worth it knowing that you are helping to make a difference in the community. Some of the Board member duties include:
- Making a commitment to work with the other Board members and the Executive Director, as a team, to help the organization succeed and be the best it can be.
- Being a leader and helping steer the organization to success.
- Putting enough time into the things that need to get done to help the organization succeed.
- To be on the lookout for volunteers, committee members and other potential board members that would be a good fit for the organization.
- Making sure the organization has enough funds to continue with its mission.
- To be a leader on a committee and help other committees he/she may not be a part of.
- Understanding the goals of the organization, assist in measuring its progress and visualize its future to help as many people as possible.
We know you have a life and to balance that with Board duties we only ask a few things of you.
- Attend monthly Board meetings (usually on weekends). Our fiscal year runs from July 1 through June 30.
- Come to meetings prepared and ready to contribute.
- Allot at least 10 hours per month to committee requirements, fundraising, making connections, etc (these are beyond the regular duties of a Board member).
We will help train you on how to be a productive TMP Board member and specifically on what we are doing and how we are trying to accomplish it.
If you are interested in becoming a Board member for Texas Music Partners click here.