We are looking for our Board to be about 5-7 members and currently have a few positions available.
What Texas Music Partners is Looking for, In a Board Member
Texas Music Partners is a small and relatively new organization trying to build a diverse board that is close-knit, like family, where our skills complement each other and teamwork is paramount. We are focused on succeeding in our mission. Our board is a working board. We need well-connected people with an entrepreneurial spirit and can-do attitudes that can work together. We are currently developing committees to help move our mission forward as well.
TMP is Looking for Diversity
Although Texas Music Partners has a single-mindedness of mission, we are looking for diversity in many other aspects. We are looking for diversity, such as :
- A diversity of experience. For example, we are looking for people with experience in one or more of the following areas :
- Business Management
- Creative ideas
- Donor Cultivation
- Strategic Contacts
- Event Planning
- Social Media
- Communications Skills
- Grassroots Organizing
- Software/Web Design, just to name a few
- A diversity of people. A diversity of race, sex, age, communities, etc.
Board Member Duties
The Board position is a volunteer position but it’s worth it knowing that you are helping to make a difference in the community. Some of the Board member duties include:
- Making a commitment to work with the other Board members and the Executive Director, as a team, to help the organization succeed and be the best it can be.
- Being a leader and helping steer the organization to success.
- Putting enough time into the things that need to get done to help the organization succeed.
- To be on the lookout for volunteers, committee members, and other potential board members that would be a good fit for the organization.
- Making sure the organization has enough funds to continue with its mission.
- To be a leader on a committee and help other committees he/she/they may not be a part of.
- Understanding the goals of the organization, assist in measuring its progress, and visualize its future to help as many people as possible.
We know you have a life and to balance that with Board duties we only ask a few things of you.
- Attend 4-6 Board meetings, annually (usually on weekends). Our fiscal year runs from July 1 through June 30.
- Come to meetings prepared and ready to contribute.
- Allot at least 10 hours per month to committee requirements, fundraising, making connections, etc (these are beyond the regular duties of a Board member).
We will help train you on how to be a productive TMP Board member and specifically on what we are doing and how we are trying to accomplish it.
If you are interested in becoming a Board member for Texas Music Partners click here.