Using music as a foundation, Texas Music Partners helps children find their lifelong creative passion while empowering young thinkers to take innovative approaches to problem-solving and gain confidence in themselves as they grow into adulthood.
We do this by promoting music: on its own, through other arts, and through academics. Our goal is to show students how to think positively and learn from life’s challenges. This will allow our students to gain experience and succeed as they get older. Learning from these experiences will continue to help them succeed when they enter tomorrow’s workforce.
FREE: We offer our programs at no cost to the learning institutions that use our services so we can reach more students.
Schools, It’s Time to Schedule Your Courses and Performances With Texas Music Partners!
1-2 Day Courses
- Taking Powerful Photos of Musicians (1 session) Grades 3-12
- How to Make a Music Video (1 session) Grades 5-12
Sign up here
Our Live Music in the Schools program shows students the different styles of music that contributed to the music they are listening to now. We then bring in professional musicians to perform for them.
- Live Music in the Schools: in-school (2 sessions: Workshop & Performance) Grades 3-8
- Live Music in the Schools for after-school programs (1 session: Performance) Grades 3-12
- Live Music in the Schools with Q&A (1 session: Performance & Q&A session) Grades 6-12
Sign up :
- Creative Careers (1 session) Grades 8-12
- Breaking Down Large Projects (1 session) (non-music) Grades 5-12
- Breaking Down Large Projects (1 session) (UIL-music) Grades 7-12 (suggested for spring semester)
- Staying Positive Through Challenging Times (1 session) Grades 8-12
Sign up here
If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to contact us.
7-8 Week STEAM Sessions
Texas Music Partners offers 7-8 week STEAM courses for in-school residencies and after-school programs. Each session includes 2, 3-4-week courses to give students the opportunity to try new and creative things that might spark a passion, a career, or a hobby.
Our Current STEAM Courses (3-4 weeks each)
- Creating a Digital Collage
- Creating a Podcast
- Intro to Editing Photos of Musicians
- DJing with a tablet
To schedule your courses:
Live Music in the Schools
Our Live Music in the Schools program is underway and we are ready to perform for your school! This year’s theme is History of the Blues, Part II (1941 to the present). We will come in and show students how the blues started incorporating electric instruments, after WWII, and how the style progressed to the present. Then, that Friday, our professional musicians will come to perform for your school.
Schedule your live performance!